Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Scraps of colour

When life throws you scraps, make a quilt.
~ Author Unknown









As part of our tie-dye dye in the park day I had the kids do some long strips of white quilt fabric. I was hoping for bright multicoloured stips I could sew into a beach blanket. But when the strips came back the colours didn't really work as long strips. They were a bit muddier and more pink that I thought they would be. So took them up to the cottage and waited for inspiration to strike. In the end I decided to cut them into squares and assemble a quilt top (which is still just a quilt top until I finish the embroidery on it.)

After getting it sewn I hung in on the line for a picture. It was a bit windy that day and the quilt attracted the attention of 4 stray kids who turned it into a game.

A family is a patchwork of love.
~Author Unknown

No comments: