Saturday, May 17, 2008

Of novelists and poets....and photographers.

Think of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world.
~ Grant Petersen






Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live.
~ Mark Twain,

When I turned 10 I got a brand new 10 speed bicycle from Canadian Tire. It cost $99, was a sparkly light green and was way too big for me. I wasn't sure how to work it. It took me everywhere I wanted to go. I loved that bike.

Many years later, for this birthday, I got another new bike. It costs slightly less than my first car. I'm not completely sure how to work it. The guys at the bike shop think it is too big for me.
I love my bike.
I can't wait to see where it takes me.

When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race.
~ H.G. Wells

The bicycle, the bicycle surely, should always be the vehicle of novelists and poets.
~Christopher Morley

No comments: